At Yarralea Children’s Centre the educational program is underpinned by the following principles to create a learning community for children, families and staff:
• Play is children’s natural way learning
• Children flourish in an authentic indoor/outdoor play program
• Learning is a social activity
• Children instinctively act out and tell stories to develop their understandings of the world
• Indigenous knowledge and respect is integral to children’s education
• Culture (including popular culture) is influential to children’s lives and is valued.
• Education for sustainability embedded in daily routines builds respect and responsibility
• Children’s learning is supported & enriched when staff, children, & families share knowledge and skills.
• Inclusion and fairness is promoted through the phrase “Everyone can Play".
• Family diversity is welcomed and celebrated
Shao Qi He
|Assistant Treasurer ||Astrid Kandiah|
|Policy Officer||Tom Reid|
|Fundraising ||Anna Kirby, Penny Chalke|
Strategic Planning Co-ordinator